The second chapter of Green Buildings Asia, an annual conference on design and construction strategies for Green Buildings of the future, will be held from 22nd to 25th February 2011, at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Singapore. This green conference will be organized by IBC Asia (S) Pte Ltd.
This conference will focus on critical issues, global trends and cutting edge solutions associated with Green Buildings and Sustainable Architecture in Asia. It will provide an update on latest government policies and initiatives driving the growing Green Building industry while examining related sustainability products, technologies and practices in green roofing, mobility systems and energy-efficient building systems.
This conference paves the way to meet regional authorities, industry leaders as well as experts who will share their sustainability strategies and award-winning designs that contribute to the betterment of the built environment.
Pre-Conference Workshop [Day-1]
The pre-conference workshop will be conducted on 22nd Feb, 2011, as a day-long event. This workshop will set the focus on strategies for the transformation of existing buildings into Green Buildings within shorter time frames and with less investment when compared to demolition and re-building.
This workshop will equip attendees with the following know-how.
- The cost benefit of retrofitting existing buildings
- An in-depth understanding of the retrofit assessment models for different infrastructures
- Preparing the groundwork for retrofit work
- A look at green retrofit processes.
Rani Virdee will open day two (23rd Feb) of the conference with a session on ‘Enhancing Green Buildings Materials with Carbon Neutral Profiling’, discussing:
- The role of green building materials in reducing the carbon footprint of a green building
- The requirements to complete LCA of buildings materials
- The percentage reductions in overall carbon emissions that can be achieved during construction by using Carbon-neutral Green concrete?
Case studies of several green and sustainable buildings will be discussed in this conference.
Post-Conference Workshop [Day-4]
A post-conference workshop will be conducted on 25th Feb., 2011, highlights of which will be the following.
- Attendees can become part of the committee setting the practical agenda for the next wave of leadership for 2011
- There will be scope for collaboration to re-invent businesses and unlock opportunities
- A chance to establish strategic industry linkages through shared projects and strategies
Attendees of Green Buildings Asia
• Property Developers
• Real Estate Companies
• Urban Planners
• Building and Property Owners
• Government Officials and Authorities
• Construction and Engineering Companies
• Facilities and Property Management Companies
• Energy and Green Technology Solution Providers
• Venture Capitalists
• Banks and Finance Companies
• Real Estate and Property Consultants