You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘IGBC’ tag.
South India is now home to an iconic “zero energy and solar powered home”, a masterpiece in Green architecture that is set to start a welcome trend in controlled energy consumption in residences.
This zero energy space project was exhibited at the Indian Green Building Congress (IGBC) 2010, held at Chennai from 6th to 9th October last year. The IGBC is Asia’s largest Green building conference. The project was also showcased at the Economic Times’ ACEtech – Mumbai as well as Delhi chapters. These are Asia’s largest construction related expos.
About 60% of this home’s energy requirements are met by the conventional sources, while solar power supplies the remaining 40%. Nevertheless, there is no compromise on performance and comfort.
The chief sponsors of this Green initiative are Aluplast Windows, Breezair, Everest Industries, Nippon Paints, Supreme Pertochem and Roca.
EVEREST FIBRE CEMENT BOARDS
The drywall construction with fibre cement boards from Everest creates a strong, light weight, water resistant and energy efficient building envelope which supports a variety of finishes. 55% of the raw materials used to prepare these boards are recycled.
BREEZAIR FRESH AIR
Air conditioning is known to be the largest consumer of energy in a building. The Breezair system works through an evaporative cooling cycle and consumes 1/10th of the energy of a conventional air conditioning device, apart from providing 100% fresh air ventilation.
PHOTO-VOLTAIC BY TEAM SUSTAIN
SUPREME INSUBOARD & BEARDSELL
Insulation of the walls and the roof is a vital element of the building envelope, meant to prevent the transfer of heat in both directions. This product reduces heat ingress through the walls/roof and hence cuts down on energy consumption for air conditioning. INSBOARD offers one the highest insulation values for XPS insulation.
High performance double glazed units and energy-saving UPVC frames are used to reduce energy consumption as well as sound transmission. This is a German product, which saves energy by reducing infiltration and the frames are provided with thermal breaks to prevent heat ingress.
Water efficient fixtures for toilets and taps reduce the fresh water consumption in the building and also help score points for the LEED rating system.
Bamboo improves the sustainability of the building as it grows rapidly and can be harvested in much shorter period compared to hardwoods. With the help of the modern production techniques bamboo is transformed into an excellent materials for flooring, furniture and other interior design works.
Low-Voc Paints are used on the interiors to create healthy indoor environment and keep away toxins which could be lead to respiratory problems. Solar Reflective paints are used on the exteriors, which facilitate reflection of sunlight and reduction in solar heat gain.